The Initial Inspection
The initial inspection takes place before the first serial inspection. It will be continuously repeated if specificationes, processes etc. are changed and influence the product. The module iQ-EMP fulfils the classical requirements (VDA). Beyond this factor iQ-EMP is very important for a comprehensive TQM-concept.
The results of initial inspections are represented together with other inspection data and quality messages (e.g. complaints concerning the supplier) and are taken into consideration for the evaluation of the suppliers quality score. They are presented by the module iQ-liEFBEW. The use decisions on initial inspections can be reviewed by this module.
iQ-EMP meets the VDA requirements, especially with respect to the function which allows to enter the customer and the supplier measurements simultaneously.
Inspection planning Supplements to iQ-PLAN
- general inspection plan techniques
- interface to CAD system to transfer information from drawings automatically into product characters
Generating Inspection orders
- specifications of business partners, identification as supplier or customer
- plant address and contact person
- specifications about receiving of initial samples, e.g. order No., delivery note etc.
- number of samples
- priority of processing order
- target inspection date
Inspection Order Controlling
- scheduling inspection date and supervision
- controlling of priorities
- changes and extensions of order e.g. unexpected characters
- management of recources and capacity utilisation (in preparation)
- interface to MS Project to display the planning table and the capacity utilisation
- examination from the suppliers or customer's point of view
- measurement of supplier can be entered subsequently for each character
- entering of quality data for customer and supplier
- entering of quantity data for customer and supplier
- additional notes about samples eg. serial No., charge No.
- entering of events and measures
- adding unplanned characters, this measure avoids a necessity for complex initial inspection
Entering Additional Data for Initial Report
- all fields of VDA-form i. e.
- kind of specifiction: fitting, function or material inspection
- receiving number
- delivery note number
- reason for initial inspection etc.
- report number for supplier and customer drawings, remarks etc.
- partial decision for fitting, function or material inspection
- total use decision
- registration of decisions on character level in history (supplier/part-relation)
- release for collected decisions for family of parts with variant plans
- print initial inspection report as standard form
- print with distribution list: person, department, business partner
- print collection report about variant inspection plans
iQ-EMP as Integral Part of our TQM-Concept for Suppliers
- controlling of automatically generated orders, because of VDA reasons and others
- force of a new inspection because the predecessor was not okay
- delay of receiving inspections, if initial inspection not yet released
- several control flags for first use of EMP, because the first view month after the system installation are not comparable with permanent use during the following months
- all initial inspections in various forms of presentation (as part of inspections and complaints related to suppliers and parts)